If it's just one choice you'd like to withdraw, you can cancel it in Track (as long as the university or college hasn't sent us their decision yet). If you've changed your mind about applying to higher education, you can cancel your application and get a refund.
In this manner, can you cancel your firm choice?
Once 14 days have passed you can still choose to cancel your Firm or Insurance choice, subject to UCAS deadlines and regulations. Please note there are UCAS regulations that both the University and applicants need to take into account when making any changes to an application to study.
Additionally, can I go to my insurance choice instead of my firm? If you decide you don't want to go to your firm choice, you will need to contact the university directly. Make sure you are clear about whether you want to go into clearing or go to your insurance choice. If you want to go to your insurance choice instead, they will have to agree with this.
Subsequently, question is, how do I decline my firm choice on UCAS?
If you no longer want to go to your firm choice, you can use the ‘decline your place' button in Track. From 6 July, if you are holding a firm unconditional place, you can use online self-release into Clearing, by using the ‘decline your place' button in Track.
Can you reject your firm choice on results day?
TRUTH: If you don't want to accept your firm choice, you can find an alternative. Anyone can use Clearing if they want to. If you no longer want your firm choice, you can decline it in Track and enter Clearing. Get advice from teachers, parents and unis to make an informed decision.
Can you change your mind after accepting a university offer?
If you change your mind after you accept an offer, you may have to withdraw your application and will not be able to use Clearing to look for another course. Contact UCAS for advice.
Can you change your firm Uni choice?
Do universities know if they are your firm choice?
How do I drop out of university?
- Consider studying part-time or taking a leave of absence. In some situations, changing from full-time to part-time can be a good solution.
- Take care of your transcript.
- Notify the school authorities.
- Settle your financial obligations.
Can I edit my personal statement after submitting UCAS?
Can I reject a university offer after accepting?
Can you cancel a UCAS choice and add another?
You can only swap each choice once. Within 14 days of the date on your welcome email you can swap the choice in Track. However, you can‘t swap a choice after 30 June. If you swap after the relevant deadline for your new course choice, it will be considered late.
Can you apply to UCAS twice?
How do you firm a choice on UCAS?
How do you select a firm choice on UCAS?
- Firm acceptance – this is your first choice.
- Insurance acceptance – the back-up choice to a conditional firm acceptance.
- Decline – you'll need to decline any other offers you get.
- Please note: You can only accept one firm choice and one insurance choice (if you choose to have one).
Can I accept offers from 2 universities?
Can you change your UCAS application once it has been sent?
Can you apply to more than 5 universities on UCAS?
How do I withdraw from UCAS?
Can I use the same personal statement twice UCAS?
How long does it take for universities to reply to your application UCAS?
How long does it take for unis to reply?
Do universities accept lower grades?
How do I decline admission after accepting?
- Contact the admissions office. As soon as possible after you decide you no longer want to go to a school, you should talk to someone in admissions directly.
- Say what you want to happen.
- Explain why you've changed your mind.
- Thank admissions staff for their help.
- Forfeit your deposit.