You can get security codes by email, phone call or SMS, but an even easier way is to use an authenticator app on your mobile device. Android, iOS, and BlackBerry users can use Google Authenticator, while Windows Phone users can use Microsoft Authenticator.
Likewise, people ask, can I use Google Authenticator for Outlook?
Yes, you can use Google Authenticator for 2-step authentication of Outlook.com accounts. To enable 2-step authentication at Outlook.com, login, then choose “Account Settings”, then “Security info”. From this page you can enable 2-step authentication and manage your authenticator apps.
Secondly, how do I add an account to authenticator? Setup
- From your favorite browser, open the Google account security page.
- Click on “2-Step Verification”
- Under the Authenticator App section, click “Setup”
- Choose your device type (Android, iPhone) and click “Next” to reveal a QR code.
- Open the Authenticator app on your device.
- Tap on “BEGIN SETUP”
Just so, which is better Google Authenticator or Microsoft authenticator?
It will make you realize why Microsoft Authenticator is way better than Google Authenticator. They are both free and don't take much space on your mobile device. You can even add the exact same online sites or services (Amazon, Gmail, Outlook, Microsoft Office 365, etc.) on both the authenticator apps.
How do I bypass Microsoft two step verification?
Turning two-step verification on or off for your Microsoft
- Go to Security settings and sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Under the Two-step verification section, choose Set up two-step verification to turn it on, or choose Turn off two-step verification to turn it off.
- Follow the instructions.
Can I use Google Authenticator instead of Microsoft authenticator?
How do I reset my Microsoft authenticator app?
- Open the Microsoft Authenticator companion app on your Watch.
- Hold down the side button until the Shutdown screen appears.
- Release the side button and hold down the Digital Crown to force quit the active app.
How do I activate the Microsoft authenticator app?
- Install the Microsoft Authenticator app for iOS or Android, then open it.
- In the Microsoft Authenticator window, click View your barcode in the “To get started” section at the top of the window.
- When prompted, enter your Master Password then click Continue.
How do I recover my Microsoft account?
How do I get the QR code for my Microsoft authenticator?
- Go to Security & Privacy page > choose Additional security verification > Update my phone numbers used for account security.
- After that it will open a new window.
- Choose Set up Authenticator app and it will open a pop-up box with QR code so that you can configure the app on your new device.
What can Google Authenticator be used for?
How do I authenticate my Microsoft account?
- Sign in using your Microsoft account email address and password.
- Select Security.
- Click Update info.
- Click Verify next to your security information.
- You'll receive a security code via text or email to verify that you're the account owner. Enter the code when you receive it, and then click Verify.
Do I have a Microsoft account?
Can I have Microsoft authenticator on two devices?
Is Microsoft authenticator app safe?
Is Microsoft authenticator free?
What is the best authenticator app?
- Google Authenticator: Best overall.
- LastPass Authenticator: Runner up.
- Microsoft Authenticator.
- Authy: Best multi-device solution.
- Yubico Authenticator.
- Titan Security Key.
Can you backup Microsoft authenticator?
How do I sync Google Authenticator to multiple devices?
- Make sure that you have Google Authenticator downloaded on all devices that you want to use.
- Go to the 2-Step Verification section of your Google Account.
- If you've already set up Google Authenticator for your account, delete that account from Authenticator.
Is Google Authenticator secure?
How do I restore my lost Google Authenticator?
- Sign in to your account with your username and password.
- On the verification code challenge page, click More options.
- Click Get help. Request Google's help.
- You'll then need to fill out an account recovery form to verify you are authorized to access the account.
How do I change my mobile number on Microsoft authenticator?
- Choose Settings.
- Choose Security & Privacy > Additional security verification > Update my phone numbers used for account security.
- In the drop down box under What's your preferred option, choose Notify me through app.
- Check the box for Microsoft Authenticator app, click Configure.
How do I restore Microsoft authenticator?
- On your mobile device, open the Microsoft Authenticator app, and select Begin recovery from the bottom of the screen.
- Sign in to your recovery account, using the same personal Microsoft account you used during the backup process. Your account credentials are recovered to the new device.