Import from a hard disk, optical disc, or flash drive
- Connect the device to your Mac.
- In Photos, choose File > Import, then select the items you want and click Review for Import.
- To set where to import the items, click the “Import to” pop-up menu and choose a location.
- Do one of the following:
Likewise, why are my photos not importing to my Mac?
If you enabled iCloud Photo Library on your Mac and iOS device, your photos might already be on your computer. Use these steps to check for your photos in Photos for OS X. You can also go to iCloud.com and open the Photos app to see your entire photo library and choose which photos to import.
Furthermore, how do I open the CD drive on my imac? Some Apple keyboards have an eject key, usually located in the upper right corner of the keyboard. Press the Eject key to eject the CD or DVD from the drive. On any keyboard, including those originally designed for use with a Windows PC, press and hold the F12 key until the CD or DVD is ejected from the drive.
Also to know is, how do I move photos from email to photos on Mac?
- Drag the photo from mail to iPhoto with a left-click and hold while dragging it to hover over the iPhoto icon on your Dock. iPhoto should open and the image will import; OR.
- Right-click the photo and select Download Image.
- Right-click the photo and select Download Image.
How do I insert a CD into my Mac desktop?
Insert CDs and DVDs into Mac
- Turn the disc label so it faces up or toward you.
- Insert the disc into the optical drive until you feel the drive catch and pull the disc in. You must insert the disc nearly all the way in before the drive pulls it in.
How do I get pictures off a CD?
Assuming it is using a windows operating system, open ‘my computer' and double click on the CD drive. You can then click and drag the photos into the new folder you have created. You can also right click on the photos and select “copy”, then right click on the folder and select “paste”.
Is it better to put pictures on a CD or DVD?
Save and protect your digital photos by copying them to a cd or DVD disc. Your computer is not a good place to save photos. Most computers today can make or “burn” CD's, and many can burn DVD's as well. If the front of your disc drive says “CD-RW”, “burner” or “writer” then you know it can burn discs.
Where is the SD card slot on a MacBook Pro?
Insert the SD card into the SD card reader, on the left side of the MacBook Pro. Mac OS X immediately recognizes the card and assigns a new drive to it.
Why is iPhoto not importing all photos?
When you have a problem importing all your pictures, quit iPhoto, then relaunch the application and try once more. Plug the device back into your Mac, and try to import the pictures again. If all the pictures still won't import, restart your Mac and then try using iPhoto once more.
Why can't I upload my photos to my computer?
To transfer files over Wi-Fi, your computer and the smartphone or other device containing the photos must both be connected to the network. If either is not on Wi-Fi, your PC won't be able to browse your photos. Check the settings on both devices, making sure that each is logged into the same network.
Why are all my iPhone photos not importing?
If iCloud Photo Library has been enabled with “Optimize Storage”, disable “Optimize” and wait for the photos to download back to your iPhone, if there is enough storage. Then disable iCloud Photo Library. Now import the the photos to your Mac and delete them from the iPhone.
Why won't my iPhone Pictures import to my computer?
According to users, if you can't import photos from iPhone to Windows 10, you might be able to fix the problem simply by resetting your location and privacy settings. Now connect your iPhone to the PC. Select the Trust option on your phone. Open iTunes and be sure to check Trust option as well.
How do I transfer photos?
Select the Android phone which you would like to transfer photos from. Go to Photos tab on the top. It will display all the photos on your source Android phone. Select the photos you would like to transfer and click Export > Export to Device to transfer the selected photos to the target Android phone.
How do I import live photos to my Mac?
To import your Live photos as Live, the easiest way is to sync the Mac and the iPhone using iCloud Photo Library. If you do not use iCloud Photo Library, connect the iPhone to a USB port and import the Live Photos manually..
How do I get my Mac to recognize my camera?
If nothing happens when you connect a camera to your Mac
- Make sure the USB or USB-C cable is properly connected to your camera and the computer. If your computer has another USB port, try plugging the cable into it.
- Check your camera to make sure it's turned on and set to the correct mode for importing photos.
- Check your camera's memory card for damage.
How do you select all on a Mac?
You should press Cmd A on a Mac keyboard; on any other keyboard, press Ctrl A to select all. To select a group, just click and drag with the mouse over the thumbnails you want to select and Cmd click to deselect any individual files.
How do I move photos to camera roll?
Open the Documents app on your iOS device and go to the location where you have saved the specific files (photos and videos). Tap on the Edit button in the top right corner, and select the files you want to transfer into Camera Roll. Tap the Copy icon in the bottom left corner.
How do I move pictures from my email to my pictures?
Tap and hold your finger down on the image and a box will pop up with three options.
- The first option is Save Image. This will save the picture in your Photos App under Camera Roll.
- The second option is Copy.
- The final option is Cancel to return to your mail message.
How do I transfer photos from my iPhone to a hard drive?
How to Back Up Photos From iPhone to External Hard Drive
- Step 1: Connect Your External Hard Drive To Your Mac. First, connect the hard drive to your Mac and make sure it shows up in the Finder's sidebar.
- Step 2: Connect Your iOS Device To Your Mac.
- Step 3: Launch Image Capture.
- Step 4: Select Destination.
- Step 5: Click Import.
How do you save a picture from your email to your computer?
Open the e-mail message containing the attachment. Right-click on the picture or file choose Save As or Save Image. Specify the location to which you want to save the file. You may also change the file name at this point.
How do I move my photos library to an external hard drive?
Make sure you've backed up your photos
, quit Photos
, then: Copy the Photos Library
from your Pictures
Folder to an external disk
. Hold down the option (or alt) key and launch Photos
To do this:
- Hold down the option key on your keyboard.
- Double click on Photos.
- Click on the name of the library you want to open.
How do I automatically sync photos from iPhone to Mac?
Step 3: Transfer photos from iPhone to Mac.
- Open Photos App on your iPhone.
- Select the photos you want to sync from your iPhone to Mac.
- Click the Share button and click the name of your Mac in the AirDrop section to sync photos from iPhone to Mac wirelessly.
How do I move photos from desktop to iPhoto?
You can select all the photos on your desktop and drag them onto the iPhoto icon in the dock. iPhoto will open and import the photos automatically. After that, choose File>Export and choose the new dimensions you'd like to export your images to.