Log into the store in a browser, then:
- Go to your Account details (viewable under your profile name, near the top of the web page).
- Click on Manage your phone.
- Click on Remove phone.
- You can remove the phone by typing in the current code from your Authenticator, or by sending your phone an SMS code.
Thereof, how do I get Steam Guard code without phone?
- Step 1: “Help, I can't sign in”
- Step 2: “I deleted or lost my Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator”
- Step 3: Enter your account name, email address or phone number.
- Step 4: Account verification by phone number.
- Step 5: Account verification by email.
- Step 6: Enter your account's password.
Subsequently, question is, how do I change Steam Guard on my phone? No. There is no way to transfer the setting to a new phone. However, you can remove the authenticator from your current phone, and re-enable it on your new phone. Remember to log out from your account on your old phone!
Thereof, how do I disable Steam Guard?
Yes it is possible – if you log in to steam you need to go Settings -> Account and you'll see Manage Steam Guard security click it and tick it off to disable.
What is steam recovery code?
7) Check the recovery code. This recovery code is valuable information that is essential when you lost your Steam account or lost your Mobile Authenticator. 8) Once the setting is completed, each time you log in to Steam, an authentication key is sent to your registered mobile device.
What happens if I remove Steam Mobile Authenticator?
If you have two factor authentication enabled, and you will also lose access to your old phone number, then you should: Disable the authenticator (go to the Steam Guard menu and select “Remove Authenticator“). Note that doing this will prevent you from trading or using the Community Market for 15 days.
How do I recover my steam account without email?
- Right-click on the Steam icon in the System Tray and select Settings or press the Settings button in the Steam menu.
- Press the Change contact email button.
- Enter your Steam Account password along with your new email and click Next.
- Check your new email and click the link sent to you by Steam Support.
How do I disable Steam Mobile Authenticator?
To disable the Steam guard mobile authenticator security feature, also known as two-factor authentication, you need to begin by opening the Steam Mobile App. Next, head to the Steam Guard menu, and select Remove Authenticator. A confirmation window will open.
How do I set up steam Mobile Authenticator?
Steam Guard: How to set up a Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator
- Setup is done directly from your mobile device.
- From here you can select “Add Authenticator” to setup your authenticator, or “Help” to learn more.
- Next you'll enter a phone number, one that we can confirm with a text message.
- Steam will send a confirmation code to your phone.
Is there a Steam app?
With the free Steam app for Android, you can participate in the Steam community wherever you go. Chat with your Steam friends, browse community groups and user profiles, read the latest gaming news and stay up to date on unbeatable Steam sales.
How long does Steam support take?
Account Security and Recovery requests can take anywhere from 2.43 hours to 10.84 hours. The wait for Game and Steam Technical Support can be as brief as 1.65 hours or as long as 15.76 hours. The widest variance, though, comes from Purchase and Billing Support, which can run from 2.52 hours to 1.85 days.
How do I contact steam directly?
How do I contact Steam Support? Visit https://help.steampowered.com for help with your issue. The Help site will guide you to self-solve the issue or send a help request to the Steam Support team.
What is a Steam account?
Steam is a multi-player platform developed by Valve Corporation. Steam provides the user with installation and automatic management of software across multiple computers, community features such as friends lists and groups and in-game voice and chat functionality.
Can you trade without steam guard?
1 Answer. You can trade with other users without Steam Guard, but your trade will be held back for 15 days! But you can‘t create steam market offers in this period. If you are using the Steam mobile authenticator, you can complete your trades immediately.
Why do I have to wait 15 days to trade on steam?
Trades created within the first 7 days of adding the authenticator will still have up to a 15 day trade hold. If your account was not protected by Steam Guard via email or mobile app, you will be restricted from using trading and the Community Market for 15 days because Steam Guard has been recently enabled.
How does Steam Guard work?
With this feature enabled, Steam Guard will ask you for a one-time code every time you try to log into Steam on a new device. The basic version sends you a code via email each time you log in through a new device, and the other generates your temporary codes through the Steam mobile app on your phone.
How do I create a Steam account?
Run the Steam client from your Windows Start Menu then click the “CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT” button to start the New Steam Account wizard: Click the “CREATE NEW ACCOUNT” button: If a screen explaining that you shouldn't create multiple Steam accounts appears, click on the “NEXT” button.
How do I activate a Steam key?
How to activate a steam key ?
- Launch Steam and log into your Steam account.
- Click the Games Menu.
- Choose Activate a Product on Steam
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process and redeem the steam key.
How long does steam lock you out for wrong password?
How do I check my Steam login history?
To view your account history, click the Steam Menu > Settings > Account.