Also know, how can I hide my furnace?
1. Curtain Call. Using a curtain to hide your water heater and furnace is perhaps the easiest of all the DIY methods. All you have to do is buy some shower curtain rods that can be mounted from the ceiling, a shower curtain (or some other type of cloth curtain), and a curved connecting pipe.
Beside above, can you enclose your furnace? How to Build a Furnace Enclosure. A furnace can be installed various places in a house — in a basement, an attic, a garage, a ground-floor utility room or outside the walls. Furnaces in basements or garages often are enclosed in cabinets or closets to block noise from the unit and protect it from accidental bumps.
Simply so, can you enclose a furnace and water heater?
Don’t enclose a gas fired furnace or water heater in a small space without making provisions for combustion air vents. Allow room for access, maintenance and removal/replacement of the furnace, and hot water heater – that does not require taking down walls or framing.
How do I hide the furnace in my finished basement?
Clever Closets If you are finishing your basement and building walls, incorporate a small area to enclose the furnace, AC, and or water heater. These louvered doors provide great ventilation. Another option is to create a set of built-in shelves in the door that don’t even look like a closet.
How far does a wall have to be from a furnace?
How can I hide the ductwork in my basement?
- Paint. The fastest and least expensive way to cover your duct work is to paint it the same color as your ceiling.
- Soffits. Soffits, also called bulkheads, are a frame you build around the duct work to hide it from view.
- Drop Ceiling.
- Flattened Ducts.
How do you hide an exposed water heater?
- Measure the height of your water heater. Start your measuring tape at the bottom of your water heater and extend it to the full height of the water heater.
- Buy a room divider that completely hides your water heater.
- Surround your water heater with the room divider.
How do I hide my water tank?
How do you make an unfinished basement cozy?
- Stop the Moisture. The biggest anti-cozy factor in most unfinished basements is moisture.
- Add Some Area Rugs. Now that your basement is moisture-free, you can cozy up that concrete floor.
- Throw Down Some Pillows. When in doubt, add throw pillows.
- Add Tasteful Lighting.
- Hide Unsightly Spots.
- Paint the Ceiling.
How can I hide my gas heater?
- Cover the ugly heater with a cabinet.
- Unplug the gas line from the heater.
- Lay two old doors flat and attach two hinges to the sides, connecting the two doors.
- Attach four casters to the bottom of a bookshelf, placing one caster on each corner.
How much clearance do you need around a furnace?
How much clearance does a furnace need?
Typically for gas furnaces there must be a minimum of 24″ front accessibility to the furnace, and any access door or panel must have enough clearance space to permit removal of the largest component in the equipment.
Can you enclose a water heater?
How much space do you need around a water heater?
Water heaters must be surrounded by a certain amount of clearance, or air space, to function properly and safely. A clearance area of 12 inches is required on all sides of a hot water heater. A certain amount of airflow is also required for proper combustion and ventilation.