How to configure SonarCloud
- Create a user authentication token for your account on SonarCloud.
- Encrypt this token travis encrypt abcdef0123456789 or define SONAR_TOKEN in your Repository Settings.
- Find which SonarCloud.io organization you want to push your project on and get its key.
- Create a sonar-project.
Considering this, what is SonarCloud?
SonarCloud is a cloud service offered by SonarSource and based on SonarQube. SonarQube is a widely adopted open source platform to inspect continuously the quality of source code and detect bugs, vulnerabilities and code smells in more than 20 different languages.
Similarly, how does SonarQube measure code coverage? SonarQube gets the covered lines from the coverage report given to the analyser. The metric we promote is the Code Coverage because it is the one that reflects the best the portion of source code being covered by unit tests. This is the metric you can see on the home page of a project.
Also asked, how do I bypass code coverage in Sonar?
Ignore Code Coverage You can prevent some files from being taken into account for code coverage by unit tests. To do so, go to Administration > General Settings > Analysis Scope > Code Coverage and set the Coverage Exclusions property. See the Patterns section for more details on the syntax.
How do I run SonarQube?
Run SonarQube without installation
- Navigate to the earlier download location of SonarQube.
- Unzip the file and copy the binaries to the folder C:SonarQube
- Open the SonarQube properties file sonar.
- In the sonar.
- Update the section by adding the connection string of the database.
What is the difference between sonar and SonarQube?
SonarQube (formerly just “Sonar“) is a server-based system. Of course you can install it on your local machine (the hardware requirements are minimal). But it is a central server with a database . SonarQube (formerly Sonar) is an open source platform for continuous inspection of code quality.
Is SonarQube free?
SonarQube is available for free under the GNU Lesser General Public License. An enterprise version for paid licensing also exists, as well as a data center edition that supports high availability. SonarQube is expandable with the use of plug-ins.
What is SonarLint?
SonarLint is an IDE extension that helps you detect and fix quality issues as you write code. Like a spell checker, SonarLint squiggles flaws so that they can be fixed before committing code.
What is Sonar code coverage?
In one sentence Sonar is an open source platform that allows you to track and improve the quality of your source code. One of the key aspects when talking about software quality is the test coverage or code coverage which is how much of your source code is tested by Unit tests.
What is Sonar Code Quality?
Sonar is a web based code quality analysis tool for Maven based Java projects. It covers a wide area of code quality check points which include: Architecture & Design, Complexity, Duplications, Coding Rules, Potential Bugs, Unit Test etc.
How do you integrate SonarQube with azure DevOps?
- Open the Connections page in your Azure DevOps project: Project Settings > Pipelines > Service Connections.
- Click on New service connection and choose SonarQube.
- Specify a Connection name, the Server URL of your SonarQube Server (including the port if required) and the Authentication Token to use.
What is GitLab used for?
GitLab is a web-based DevOps lifecycle tool that provides a Git-repository manager providing wiki, issue-tracking and CI/CD pipeline features, using an open-source license, developed by GitLab Inc.
What are the possible values of quality gates in Sonar?
- Quality Gate Status : State of the quality gate associated to the project. Possible values: ERROR, WARN, OK.
- Reliability : Number of bugs, number of new bugs, etc
- Security : Number of vulnerabilities, number of new vulnerabilities, etc
- Complexity Cyclomatic complexity is used up to version 6.3.
How do you exclude classes from code coverage?
The easiest way to exclude code from code coverage analysis is to use ExcludeFromCodeCoverage attribute. This attribute tells tooling that class or some of its members are not planned to be covered with tests. EditFormModel class shown above can be left out from code coverage by simply adding the attribute.
Does SonarQube run unit tests?
testProjectPattern property. Then, you just have to run a SonarQube analysis and you'll get data on unit tests and code coverage. The paths to the unit test assemblies are automatically retrieved from the Visual Studio “.
Which tool is used for code coverage?
Code coverage tools are available for many programming languages and as part of many popular QA tools. They are integrated with build tools like Ant, Maven, and Gradle, with CI tools like Jenkins, project management tools like Jira, and a host of other tools that make up the software development toolset.
What is SonarQube in DevOps?
SonarQube is a set of static analyzers that can be used to identify areas of improvement in your code. With Maven and Gradle build tasks, you can run SonarQube analysis with minimal setup in a new or existing Azure DevOps Services build task.
How good is SonarQube?
In the field of automated code review and analysis, SonarQube is the best tool on the market. It supports multiple languages and offers several customization options. Moreover, it is a great tool for static code metrics, code coverage, and code reviews.
How do you measure test coverage?
Measurement of Coverage can be determined by the following formula. Coverage= Number of coverage items exercised / Total number of coverage items *100%. It should be kept in mind that 100% code coverage does not mean that the application is 100% tested.
What is code smell sonar?
“Code Smells” SonarQube version 5.5 introduces the concept of Code Smell. According to Wikipedia and Robert C. Martin “Code smell, also known as bad smell, in computer programming code, refers to any symptom in the source code of a program that possibly indicates a deeper problem.
How does SonarQube integrate with Jenkins?
For the integration of SonarQube in Jenkins, you have performed the following steps.
- Login into Jenkins and install SonarQube scanner plugin. Go to Manage Jenkins –> Manage Plugins > Available –> SonarQube scanner.
- Configure SonarQube home path.
- Now, Configure SonarQube server in Jenkins.
- Save it.
How do you test SonarQube?
How to test PHP code quality using SonarQube?
- Step 1: Create MySQL database user for SonarQube to store reports data into database.
- Step 2: Download & setup SonarQube.
- Step 3: Configure SonarQube with MySQL.
- Step 4: Run SonarQube as service.
- Step 5: Login to SonarQube and install required plugins.
- Step 6: Setup Sonar scanner and configure PHP project.
What is LCOV report?
LCOV is a graphical front-end for gcov. It collects gcov data for multiple source files and creates HTML pages containing the source code annotated with coverage information. It also adds overview pages for easy navigation within the file structure. The above picture is a test coverage report generated by LCOV.
How do I run SonarQube locally?
- Run SonarQube server.
- Run docker ps and check if a server is up and running.
- Wait for the server to start and log in to SonarQube server on http://localhost:9000 using default credentials: login: admin password: admin.
- Go to: http://localhost:9000/account/security/ and generate a token.