How do you cut a tennis ball with a cut? .
Start on the underneith side and poke them through, then gently rest the wet painted balls on top of the needles. Allow to fully dry. Once the balls are dry, string a needle with a bit of thin thread or fishing wire. Line the balls up in an order that looks good and use the needle to thread them together.
Hot Knife. A hot knife is our top choice for cutting Styrofoam. A heated knife is ideal for making small cuts and leaves minimal mess compared to a normal serrated knife. The key is to use a sawing motion when cutting instead of pushing straight down.
- Use the needle to thread monofilament into the ball and out again. Knot the monofilament, creating a loose loop from which to tie ribbon.
- Place the pencil eraser in the center of a baking cup, and bunch the cup around pencil. …
- Hang from ceiling with ribbon and removable adhesive hooks.
1) Carefully cut a thin slot into the tennis ball (picture 1). 2) Tie a knot into the end of the string (picture 2). 3) Push the knot into the slot (picture 3). 4) Measure and cut chord, leaving some spare string in case you want to use it in other spots later on.
The Hot Knife is an electric tool with a heated blade that can be used to cut and shape other materials. … In the conservation lab, the heated element can be used to cut through foam as easy as cutting butter with, well, a hot knife.
The best glues to use on Styrofoam are the actual Styrofoam glues such as UHU Styrofoam glue, Weldbond and 3M 77. Styrofoam glue comes in both tubes and spray. The adhesive spray, like 3M 77, makes creating projects easier and without the mess. With 3M 77, the glue dries fast and provides permanent bonding.
The best paint to use on styrofoam is acrylic paint as it adheres to the styrofoam well. Since styrofoam is so porous, you’ll likely need to use several coats of paint to cover it. Use a foam brush to apply the paint and wait for the coat to dry before adding additional ones.
- Step 1: Make a mixture of glue and water (avoid making it too watery).
- Step 2: Slightly blow up one 5 inch round balloon.
- Step 3: Pull out a big bunch of yarn from the yarn ball itself. …
- Step 4: Begin wrapping the wet yarn around the small balloon.
HOW IT WORKS AND HOW TO USE: A hot wire foam cutter consists of a table and an arm structure which holds a wire in tension. The wire heats up when electricity is run through it, allow it to cut through foam by melting its way through.
blade on this hot knife quickly heats to 975° F to make fast, clean cuts in foam and plastic materials. The hot knife comes with a depth adjusting sled to make repeat cuts or long cuts at a precise depth.