- Drop them off at a recycling center. Depending on their conditions, your tires and rims can even make you some money at a recycling center. …
- Recycle your tires at a retread facility. …
- Upcycle your tires and rims!
Don’t: While tires can be recycled, they require special handling and can’t be recycled through your curbside program. This means you should never place them in your recycling bin at home.
Tires consume a lot of space and they are difficult to transport to recycling points. This alone makes it difficult to recycle them. This causes landfill and pollution. … Also, they trap methane gases and cause bubbling effect that can damage landfill liners installed to curb landfill pollutants.
- Using shredding and cryogenic grinding to turn the tires into a number of substances, like synthetic turf, playground floors, and road bank.
- Using other chemicals to break down the tires for claim rubber tire manufacturing.