- Disconnect the Whirlpool Duet washer from the wall outlet.
- Go behind the washer and remove the three screws that secure the top panel to the back of the washer using a Phillips-head screwdriver.
- Go to the front of the washer and locate the touchpad assembly ribbon connector.
Likewise, people ask, how do you remove the front panel of a washing machine?
Washers How to Remove Front Panel 1995 to Current Models
- Unplug the washer from the wall outlet.
- Locate 2 spring clips between top and front panel (Approximately 4 inches in from corners.)
- Insert putty knife between top and front panel and push in to release clips.
- Pull top of front panel forward, lift up and off bottom locating tabs.
Likewise, how do you reset a front load washer? Unplug the washer from the power outlet or turn the circuit breaker to the unit off. With the power disabled, press and hold the START/PAUSE button for 5 seconds. Plug the washer back in, or turn the circuit breaker back on.
Keeping this in consideration, how do you reset a Whirlpool front load washer?
Unplug the washer for 30 seconds to attempt to reset the Duet washer control. You can manually unlock the washer by removing the top (remove screws on the back of the top panel and slide the top panel back to lift off.
Does my Whirlpool washer have a filter?
The filter on a Whirlpool Duet is located under the front kick plate. A washer filter collects lint that falls from clothes during the washing process. The lint filter should be cleaned at least once every 6 months. If the lint is not removed, it can cycle back through the washing machine and stick to laundry.
How long should a washing machine last?
How do you unlock a Whirlpool front load washer?
How do you change a control board on a washing machine?
- Shut off the electricity. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove the top panel from the washer.
- Move the dispenser hoses out of the way.
- Remove the machine control board.
- Install the new machine control board.
- Reinstall the dispenser hoses.
- Reinstall the top panel.
- Restore the power.
How do I open the top of my washing machine?
How do you stop a washing machine?
How do you get to the drain pump on a Whirlpool Duet washer?
- Unplug your Whirlpool Duet washer power cord from the wall outlet.
- Find the screws securing the lower access panel to the washer cabinet.
- Remove the screws with a 1/4-inch nut driver.
- Twist the white cap of the drain pump that points away from the washer counterclockwise with your hands.
How do you clean the pump on a Whirlpool washing machine?
- Unplug the washer's electrical cord from the wall outlet.
- Unhook the drain hose from the drain or stationary tub.
- Unscrew the water hose fittings from the machine using a pair of slip-joint pliers.
- Lay an old blanket on the floor in front of the washer and tilt the washer forward and lay it on the blanket.
How do I take the top panel off my Maytag washer?
- Unplug the washing machine.
- Locate two screws approximately 4 inches off the floor near the two lower-front corners of the machine.
- Pull out on the bottom of the front panel of the machine and then pull down to unsnap the two plastic clips at the top of the front panel.
- Lift the front edge of the top of the machine.