- Clean the rainbow play set with a power washer.
- Cover any plastic parts of the play set with a drop cloth or old blanket.
- Put on a pair of rubber gloves.
- Apply a generous layer of paint stripper onto the wood with a paintbrush.
- Wipe off the stripper with old towels.
Keeping this in view, how do you stain a playset?
How to Stain or Seal a Swing Set
- To avoid any mishaps, remove everything but the wood!
- Clean the swing set.
- After cleaning, allow the swing set 24 hours to dry.
- Inspect the swing set and look for rough spots or places where the grain is lifting.
- Apply stain or sealer.
how long do rainbow swing sets last? Each Rainbow swing set is unique based on the features and components your family chooses to design your perfect swing set. There are literally hundreds of components and pieces that go into making each Rainbow swing set, each with its own lifetime, 5-year or 1-year warranty.
Also, what type of stain does Rainbow Play Systems use?
RAINBOW PLAY SYSTEMS STAIN (WATERSEAL STAIN) Semi-transparent stain and sealer. 1 gallon. Works perfectly on all Woodplay Playsets too! NOTE: Add a Staining Mitt to your Cart.
How long does it take to stain a swing set?
Twenty-four hours is what is recommend to give the wood time to dry. It will also prevent the set from getting footprints or dirty spots in the stain or rubbing off when someone touches or sits on it. When you decide to stain or seal your swing set you will need to do some preparing and planning.
What kind of stain do you use on a swing set?
- Ready Seal 512 – Best Stain for Redwood Playset. View On Amazon.
- DeckWise Ipe Oil Hardwood Deck Finish. View On Amazon.
- Minwax 70012444 Wood Finish. View On Amazon.
- PPG ARCHITECTURAL Clear Wood Finish.
- Thompsons WaterSeal TH.
- 511 Porous Plus Penetrating Sealer Resists Stains.
How do I make a backyard playset?
- Choose your site and the size of the DIY backyard playground.
- Prep the future DIY backyard playground site.
- Position the playset.
- Lay out the ground contact landscape timbers.
- Build up the walls.
- Lay out the weed barrier.
- Fill with playground covering.
- Trim the weed barrier.
How do you refinish a wood playset?
What can I do with an old swing frame?
How do you maintain a cedar playset?
- Do a thorough inspection of the swing set. The entire set should be inspected thoroughly, paying special attention to the roofing, hinges, screws, bolts, ropes, cables, and chains.
- Clean any dirt or mildew form the playset.
- Apply fresh stain and sealant at the correct times.
- Inspect all accessories for any damage.
How do you protect a wooden playset?
How do you brace a swing set?
How do I keep my swing set from sinking?
How do you clean rubber swings?
Does a swing set add value?
How much does a Rainbow Playset cost?
Are swing sets worth it?
How do you stain a wooden porch swing?
Choose an exterior grade stain for the swing. We used an oil-based stain on this project. Apply a light coat of stain with a staining pad or a paint brush. Apply a quality urethane annually to protect the finish from the elements.