- Step 1 – Prepare the Drain. Before you begin to use the drain cleaner, you should plug the electric snake into an available socket.
- Step 2 – Add the Electric Drain Snake.
- Step 3 – Feeding the Snake Down.
- Step 4 – Removing the Snake.
Then, how do you snake the main line?
How to Properly Snake a Sewer Drain
- Locate the main line clean out and remove the cap.
- Position the drain snake as close as possible to the cleanout.
- Put on a pair of leather gloves that will not get grabbed by the machine while it’s turning.
- Pull the head of the cable out and put it into the cleanout.
Secondly, how do you snake a drain without a snake? 10 Really Easy Ways to Unclog Drains
- The Bent Wire Hanger. Simple enough, but surprisingly effective.
- Baking Soda and Vinegar. Mix 1/3rd of a cup of baking soda with 1/3rd of a cup of vinegar in a measuring cup.
- The Wet & Dry Vacuum.
- Boiling Water.
- Caustic Soda.
- Cleaning the Pipe.
- The Drain Snake.
- Salt and Baking Soda.
Moreover, what do plumbers use to unclog drains?
An auger — also known as a plumbing snake — or flat sewer rod can clear blockages deep in drain lines. Chemical drain cleaners contain a high concentration of lye, bleach or sulfuric acid to soften and break up clogs.
Can you use a drain snake on a toilet?
Reach for the toilet snake If the toilet plunger won’t open the drain, reach for a toilet snake. A drain toilet snake is a long wire coil with a corkscrew-like tip that you feed into your pipes until it encounters the clog. A toilet snake can also be used on clogged bathroom sinks.
How much does it cost to rent a drain snake?
How do you snake a cleanout drain?
- Find a clean-out plug located on a large drain pipe in areas such as your basement, crawl space, garage or near the foundation of your house. Remove the plug with an adjustable wrench.
- When using an auger, push in the cable until it reaches the obstruction.
How do you turn a drain snake into a corner?
How does the snake game work?
What do you do when your drain snake doesn’t work?
How do I unclog my main sewer without a cleanout?
You may be able to clear a sewer clog by using a plunger. Choose a toilet on the ground floor. Tape over the tub, sink and shower drains with duct tape. This prevents the force you develop with the plunger from dissipating through the pipes and focuses it on the clog.
How do you use a drain Unblocker?
- Open the bottle while grasping the handle. Do not splash or squeeze.
- Pour the specified amount into the drain.
- Allow up to 30 minutes for the clog to clear.
- Flush with plenty of hot water.
Can you use main line cleaner in toilets?
What is the best drain snake to buy?
|Dr. Drain VEDRAU01A1 Augers Plumbing Snake Pipe Cleaner Household Spring Cable||Manual||9.7|
|Ridgid 115v 35473 K-45AF Autofeed Drain Cleaning Machine||Electrical||9.8|
|Cobra Products GIDDS-211332 Speedway Drain Cleaning Machine||Electrical||9.8|
Is a toilet auger the same as a snake?
How do you unclog a main line with a snake?
- remove cover from the clean out on main drain. Clean the Drain. Remove the cover from the clean out on the main drain.
- use jetting machine on main drain to clean pipes. Secure the Hose, and Turn on the Machine. Insert the hose as far as it will go.
- prev. feed hose through drain line.
How do you know if your main line is clogged?
Does washing machine drain into sewer line?
How do you clean out your main sewer line?
- What You Can Do to Keep Your Sewer from Clogging.
- Use Enzyme Cleaners on Your Drains Monthly.
- Keep Trees, Bushes, and Other Plants Away from the Sewer Line.
- Avoid Flushing Wipes and Other Hygiene Products Down the Toilet.
- Replace Old Clay Pipes.
How do you unclog an outside drain?
- Put on elbow-length rubber gloves before you begin.
- Lift the grate covering your drain with a screwdriver.
- Reach into the drain with your hands if you can.
- Use drain rods to break apart clogs you can’t reach.
- Pour water and bleach into the drain to rinse out any additional debris.