Just so, where is .htaccess file located in Linux?
.htaccess is a configuration file for useon web servers running the Apache Web Server software. When anhtaccess file is placed in a directory which is in turn'loaded via the Apache Web Server', then the htaccess fileis detected and executed by the Apache Web Serversoftware.
One may also ask, how do I find .htaccess file? To Open the File Manager
- Log into cPanel.
- In the Files section, click on the File Manager icon.
- Check the box for Document Root for and select the domain nameyou wish to access from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure Show Hidden Files (dotfiles)” is checked.
- Click Go.
- Look for the .htaccess file in the list of files.
Similarly, you may ask, how do I enable htaccess in Apache?
- Use a text editor to open your configuration file: sudo nano/etc/apache2/sites-available/example.com.conf.
- After the VirtualHost block () add:/etc/apache2/sites-available/example.com.conf. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7. .</
- Save the file, then restart apache: sudo service apache2restart.
How do I restart Apache?
Debian/Ubuntu Linux Specific Commands to Start/Stop/RestartApache
- Restart Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2restart. $ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart.
- To stop Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2stop.
- To start Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2start.
What is the use of httpd conf file?
What is httpd command?
Which config file is Apache using?
Apache HTTP Server is configured by placingdirectives in plain text configuration files. The mainconfiguration file is usually called httpd.conf . Thelocation of this file is set at compile-time, but may beoverridden with the -f command line flag.
Where does Apache look for files?
Common locations for these files may be found inthe httpd wiki. If you installed httpd from source, the defaultlocation of the configuration files is/usr/local/apache2/conf .
Is Apache Web server free?
How do I create a httpd conf file?
- Go to the location of the httpd.conf file for the IBM HTTPServer.
- Back up the httpd.conf file.
- Open the httpd.conf file in a text editor.
- Change the Directory line you located in the previous step tospecify the doclinks directory that you created:
- Find the section that begins with the following lines: